When and if the time arrives that a plan sponsor wishes or needs to terminate a qualified retirement plan, SG&F attorneys can work with the plan sponsor to make sure that the process is smooth and complies with the requirements of ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code (Code).
- Assist with PBGC filings
- Oversee the final Form 5500 filing
- Prepare appropriate resolutions
- Where required, oversee the preparation and timing of the required notices to participants
- Update the plan document and prepare the submission to the IRS for a favorable determination letter
- Monitor the distribution of benefits process and other tasks associated with a qualified plan termination